Your Questions Answered

Got a question?  You're not the only one.  We share some of your most commonly asked questions and offer answers.



Do you accept applications from anywhere?

The Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC) in the UK has recently updated its Code of Practice for International Recruitment, which includes a list of countries that agencies and employers are not permitted to actively recruit from.

List of countries that we cannot recruit from

However, the DHSC acknowledges the right of each individual to apply for a job in the UK and in no way wishes to stifle any available opportunities. Rather, the guidance is in place to promote ethical recruitment and best practices.


If your country is on this list, you can still apply for jobs in the UK

In this situation, we encourage you to apply directly for jobs you are interested in via the NHS Jobs website: 

NHS Jobs Website

Or if  you are interested in working in Adult Social Care, you can apply via this website:

Find a Job in Adult Social Care

We wish you the very best with your application and every success in your career!



IHS Refunds

If you have been deployed by Drake Medox over the past 2+ years, you should have now received an email or message from us and/or your overseas agency with a link to a short questionnaire. This information will enable us to complete the necessary audit we are undertaking on your behalf in order to process the refunds.  

If you have not received this email or message, please contact us to confirm your email address as our records may be out of date for those who have been in the UK for some time now.  

Contact Us

If you need more information about the criteria for IHS Refunds, for either yourself and/or your dependants, please research the guidance here:

Immigration Health Surcharge Guidance



Dependant Visas

We are often asked for guidance on applications for dependant visas. As you will have been advised, you are of course at liberty to bring your dependants to the UK based on your Tier 2 or Skilled Worker Visa, but these applications are solely your responsibility. We are unable to provide assistance as we did for your own visa application, but the process is relatively straightforward. You will need to read the UKVI guidance carefully to make sure you are able to meet all the requirements, financial or otherwise.

Find the information you need here on the UK Government Website

Drake Medox and your employers fully understand the desire for families to be reunited in the UK as soon as possible after your deployment, BUT we must stress that for all the right reasons it is best to defer this until you have settled into your new role, and registered with the appropriate UK registration body. 

Your employer will not be able to assist with your application aside from providing, if required, a letter confirming your employment.

We are often asked if the employer will 'certify maintenance' for dependents. With a few exceptions, employers are only certifying maintenance for their sponsored worker, not their families and this will be clearly stated on your COS. If your employer has certified maintenance for your dependants as well as you, this simply means that you are not subject to the same financial requirements for your dependents’ visa applications.



Further Leave to Remain & Settlement

Following your initial sponsorship period, you will be eligible to apply for either Further Leave to Remain (FLR) or Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) to stay in the UK.


Further Leave to Remain

After 3 years of continuous residence in the UK, you will be eligible to apply for FLR to extend your stay by another 2 years.

Some employers have already agreed to pay for the visa extension fee but not all, so please check with your individual employer. Otherwise, all fees for yourself and any dependants, will be your responsibility. Your employer will need to issue you with a new COS.

Skilled Worker Visa: Extend your visa


Indefinite Leave to Remain / Settlement

After 5 years of continuous residence in the UK, you will be eligible to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain otherwise known as 'Settlement'. You will no longer need to be sponsored by your employer once you have ILR.

Applying to settle in the UK


Still have a question?


If you're still unsure about something, we are here to help! 

Please contact us, and one of our experts will be in touch.